AMI's unique Jazz Audience Development Program (JADP) targets non-music students at colleges and universities and exposes them to live jazz artists and their music. Developed at the University of Rochester and the Eastman School of Music by Daniel Israel, JADP focuses on four main goals at colleges and universities:
- introduce new audiences to live jazz music
- create day-long, jazz-related interdisciplinary programs
- implement unique JADP co-sponsorship blueprint to enable affordable programming
- foster long-term relationships for continued JADP programs
JADP consists of three main components:
- Jazz masterclass at the school/department of music geared towards musicians.
- Interdisciplinary academic seminar/discussion targeting a group of non-music students.
Sample topics include:
- What is Jazz?
- Small Group Leadership
- Improvisation in Jazz and Our Lives
- Jazz and Entrepreneurship
- Jazz and Globalization
- Affordable evening concert for the entire college/university and community.
For more information about JADP, please contact Daniel Israel at dan@theAMIagency.com.